Healthy and Delicious Banana Almond Butter Pancake

November 13, 2017
Since I have hypothyroidism, I was told to stop eating peanut butter. Peanuts and peanut butter contain goitrogens which interferes with thyroid function. Well, I’m not really a fan of peanuts but I do enjoy peanut butter with bread for breakfast.

My doctor told me that a good alternative is Brazil nuts. They are low in cholesterol and sodium but is a good source of selenium, a powerful antioxidant needed for balancing thyroid function. But since I don’t like nuts, she recommended the almond butter.

Almonds are in fact one of the healthiest nuts. Besides a high amount of different nutrients, almonds are an excellent source of protein and are also high in fiber.

Obviously, the next step is to set out and look for a jar of almond butter. It was difficult at first because they didn’t have this at the groceries I visit. But I stumbled upon ULTRA SUPER GREEN and found an Extra Dark Cacao Almond Butter Made By Maxi.

Since I’m new to this, I tried using it as a spread first. It was surprisingly okay.

Then one day I craved for pancake so much. When started eating almond butter, I decided to stop eating peanut butter and as much as possible, butter. The problem is I use butter in making pancakes. So what I did was incorporate the Extra Dark Cacao Almond Butter in the batter.

You’ll need:

1 pack of MAYA Fluffy n' Tasty or ThinkHeart Whole Wheat Pancake Mix 200g
2 tablespoon of almond butter
2 bananas
1 medium-sized Bounty Fresh Organic Selenium-enriched Egg
2 tablespoons oil
½ cup water

How to:

First is heat your non-stick pan. While it’s heating up, you can start whisking the egg. Once done, peel and mash the bananas in a separate bowl and mix in with the other ingredients – almond butter, oil, water and the egg. Then slowly add the wet mixture to the pancake mix and whisk all in.

Now you can start cooking ¼ cupfuls of batter and flipping it once the top starts to bubble and the bottom golden brown. Once you’re done cooking all the batter, you can drizzle some maple syrup and top it of with some granola. I use Take Root Ph’s granola.


Related posts:


No comments:

Copyright © 2017 Asthmatic Hypo Girl. Powered by Blogger.