All Actions Have Consequences

December 03, 2017
Hello! Today I will be sharing a story about what happened on my birthday the previous year and the scar it left me.



November is my birth month. But weeks before my birthday (this year), I felt low. I guess that’s normal because birthday is an important event. It’s the starting point and serves as a reminder of how far you’ve gone in terms of life and achievement. But that’s not why I was feeling that way.

A year ago, I planned a lovely birthday lunch with my family and close and relatives. I was so glad my special day fell on a Saturday because everyone was able to come. Everything felt right that day until we left the restaurant.

My uncle met a vehicular accident. But my other uncle blamed me for it. He told me that if I hadn’t wanted to buy cake, we wouldn’t have taken that lane.

Lame, right? But there was a cringe in my heart when I heard him say that.

I understand that an act/decision – small or big will definitely have a huge impact. What I don’t understand is how can that be my fault? Yes, I wanted cake but I didn’t drive the car nor the truck. Despite that fact, I can’t help but feel bad.

Fast forward… When we got home, I saw how upset my grandmother was. I was upset, too because it was supposed to be a great day. Sadly, it wasn’t the end.

She started blaming me for the incident. I was shocked, hurt and angry all at the same time. I cried so hard. Then, I realized something. What if it was a very nasty accident? Would they blame that on me? My mind started picturing a bloody scenario and I can’t help but cry.

That unfortunate incident hurt me so bad that I spent the entire year hating my birthday. Not only that, but whenever I get into a small argument with my family my mind would replay everything. The pain never left.

All I’m saying is that the world is riddled with people who love to point fingers. My hands aren’t clean. I’m sure there was a point in my life that I did just that. I’m sharing this story as a reminder to myself and everyone else.

#BeKind

Image courtesy of sir5life0 at pixabay.com

No comments:

Copyright © 2017 Asthmatic Hypo Girl. Powered by Blogger.